PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.08.02 -PART 2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
brentbrent
Contributing MemberPosts: 881
Like?
Re: Chihuly Glass Exhibit - Denver Botanic Gardens
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 2 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

A beautiful place beautifully captured. 3 & 5 stand out to me as jarringly ordinary in the series of outstanding photos.

Thanks for your comments. Yeah, I posted #5 just to show the piece. It's big, maybe 15 feet tall, with distracting background stuff from most vantage points. So far I haven't figured out anything interesting to do with that piece.

I tried to take a mix of shots that just showed pieces, and others that had a bit more environmental context. Personally I kind of like the composition of #3 as an example of the latter, but the image quality isn't the greatest. Here's another shot of that piece that perhaps you would prefer:

These shots are all from my first two visits to the exhibit, both of which were pretty rushed, intended more as recon missions than anything else. I'm figuring out what I can shoot with which lenses, and I plan to go back and take a bit more time.  The exhibit is here til November, and I hear it's nicely lit at night (open til 9 pm).

-- hide signature --

Brent

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow