Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 3,323
Like?
Re: Mellow Yellow
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 4 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

I was very attracted to this shot immediately. After if I wasn't inclined to give feedback it would have probably ended there. Then I started to analyze so I could saying something approaching intelligence.

Interesting feedback. The facade is actually made from a yellow perspex and quite flat in colour. I used a fairly heavy hand in NIK HDR to introduce the shadows and colour variation.

If it were mine I would go back and try to get the same shot without the reflections of the two people. I suspect there will be others who say the people make the shot. For me the shot is the metallic orange color and the structure of the metal.

I kind of like the ghosty people. They're both outside on the other side of the road having a cigarette break - you're seeing reflections.

I would also try, and probably fail to get both the floor line and the top of the elevator to align horizontally.

I was out shopping yesterday morning when I got this. The GM1 is so small I really struggle to line it up and keep it straight. I might take the EM1 around next time and try you're suggestion.

I definitely think there is something there.

Also, I have no idea if this is possible but it *might* be cool to have the photographers reflection at the end of the tunnel. I'd want to give that a try and evaluate in post.

I hate having my photo taken and I hate being in my own photos even more. Anything that has my reflection in it goes straight to the trash.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow