PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.08.02 -PART 2

Started Aug 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
yyr
yyr Senior Member • Posts: 7,684
Re: Mellow Yellow

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

I was very attracted to this shot immediately. After if I wasn't inclined to give feedback it would have probably ended there. Then I started to analyze so I could saying something approaching intelligence.

Interesting feedback. The facade is actually made from a yellow perspex and quite flat in colour. I used a fairly heavy hand in NIK HDR to introduce the shadows and colour variation.

If it were mine I would go back and try to get the same shot without the reflections of the two people. I suspect there will be others who say the people make the shot. For me the shot is the metallic orange color and the structure of the metal.

I kind of like the ghosty people. They're both outside on the other side of the road having a cigarette break - you're seeing reflections.

I would also try, and probably fail to get both the floor line and the top of the elevator to align horizontally.

I was out shopping yesterday morning when I got this. The GM1 is so small I really struggle to line it up and keep it straight. I might take the EM1 around next time and try you're suggestion.

I definitely think there is something there.

Also, I have no idea if this is possible but it *might* be cool to have the photographers reflection at the end of the tunnel. I'd want to give that a try and evaluate in post.

I hate having my photo taken and I hate being in my own photos even more. Anything that has my reflection in it goes straight to the trash.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Leica T Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
RC3
yyr
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow