If your camera has an EVF how much do you actually use it?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gugarci
Senior MemberPosts: 1,090Gear list
Like?
If your camera has an EVF how much do you actually use it?
4 months ago

I'm in my 50's & grew using 35mm SLR's. & using a viewfinder to frame my shots 100% of the time.  Friday I went to the NJ Botanical Garden. I spend a couple of hours there & got tons of really nice images. I took around 150 images & only needed to use the EVF for about 10 images. Also in the places that I needed to use the EVF I adjusted my LCD from my -1 setting and bumped that up & found out had I done this originally I would of been able to get the same images without needing an EVF at all. Also I never use the EVF indoors. The only time I use the EVF's on my camera's are on really sunny days depending on the angle of the sun. Having said that I like having an EVF because  it's quicker to use than having to adjust the LCD brightness. But I can see the day when a more advance LCD/OLED screen will be able to adjust bright enough on it's auto setting and will completely kill off the use of the EVF.

gugarci's gear list:gugarci's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100%New
98%New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow