D810 Problems with First Sports Shots ...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tryguy
Regular MemberPosts: 302
Like?
D810 Problems with First Sports Shots ...
3 months ago

Let me start out by saying I am NOT a sports shooter! I just received the D810 camera and my nephew had a baseball game so I thought I would try it out at a night game. I used the D810 with a 70-200 (2.8) and shot a few (actually a couple hundred) images at his night game. I was also shooting manual with auto WB.  I was shooting in burst mode (continuous high speed) and noticed the color problem immediately on the back of my camera (lcd display).  I made some contact sheets below so you can see the pattern I was getting. The first is vertical shots that show the color shift is fine for first image and then it mostly appears in second image on the right. The third image shows the color shift on left and then the fourth image is fine. The pattern then repeated itself. The second contact sheet shows the pattern somewhat the same but doesn't repeat itself as much. These color shifts on the second contact sheet are more "all over the map" rather then repeating. I do notice the color shift on the second sheet is more top/bottom. It makes me wonder if it shutter related???

These images were all put in Lightroom and "zeroed out" (reset) as to any adjustments. (WB 4800 and tint +25 on all). Any ideas what is going on? Like I said, I'm not a sports shooter so this is all new to me and it might be a simple answer. I can link to the larger individual images if anyone wants to see those.  THANKS in advance!!!

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow