tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 3,557Gear list
Like?
Re: London museums
In reply to yyr, 1 month ago

yyr wrote:

tt321 wrote:

Using the PL25 as a portrait lens ...

re the museum pieces - so it's always a struggle to know how to photograph stuff like this and make it more than documentary photography. I think you've done a good job here.

Some months ago I did a load of 'portraits' from a work of art you'll probably recognise http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52928809

I've always found that to be very difficult. And I never seem to leave enough time - almost always arrive at King's Cross about 15 min before my train departs. Should leave more time next time round and see if I could do something as there is a lot of inspiration in your set. Thanks.

Now this is interesting - I'm going to offer up a couple of observations. Firstly, the white balance to me looks a bit too yellow. The blue parts of the sky are yellow-ish too. That might be your intent but my personal taste says 'no'

Hmm. Auto WB. My colour perception is a bit uncritical. Will have a look at the source file with more care and see what could be done.

Secondly - Is there more to this that you've cropped off, particularly below and to the left of the lamp?

You don't want to know what was to the left of the lamp post. I think it was some kind of advert board showing a lady in beach clothing

I wonder if it could do with a bit more space. I'll sometimes do this in Elements if I haven't got the composition quite right in camera. As long as it's just a small amount around the edges it can resue me. This one would not be difficult to do like that.

Thirdly - move the watermark off the lamp and maybe to the RHS?

Yeah that's a serious oversight.

Finally - Shepherds Bush? Really? I wouldn't brag about that

You might be surprised how the various 'modern' shopping centre type structures have done to that place.

Well worth the effort - I think this picture is terrific and it really appeals to me.

Unfortunately I was with someone else, so had to dispatch Albert's monument a couple of hours earlier then do a supper and when the sky became like this we were already at that place. Just picture that sky behind this architecture below. Alas it's not to be.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow