PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.08.02 -PART 2

Started Aug 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
yyr
yyr Senior Member • Posts: 7,684
Re: London museums

tt321 wrote:

Using the PL25 as a portrait lens ...

re the museum pieces - so it's always a struggle to know how to photograph stuff like this and make it more than documentary photography. I think you've done a good job here.

Some months ago I did a load of 'portraits' from a work of art you'll probably recognise http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52928809

Now this is interesting - I'm going to offer up a couple of observations. Firstly, the white balance to me looks a bit too yellow. The blue parts of the sky are yellow-ish too. That might be your intent but my personal taste says 'no'

Secondly - Is there more to this that you've cropped off, particularly below and to the left of the lamp? I wonder if it could do with a bit more space. I'll sometimes do this in Elements if I haven't got the composition quite right in camera. As long as it's just a small amount around the edges it can resue me. This one would not be difficult to do like that.

Thirdly - move the watermark off the lamp and maybe to the RHS?

Finally - Shepherds Bush? Really? I wouldn't brag about that

Well worth the effort - I think this picture is terrific and it really appeals to me.

The end of a museum day, at Shepherds Bush of all places.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xiafei/

--
Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Leica T Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
RC3
yyr
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow