Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
carter941
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
XPRO1 or Canon 6D?
3 months ago

I am a photographer at a music studio and shoot alot of musicians and artists. I do album cover/promo type work most of the type so they are natural lighting shoots around the studio/outside the studio.

I have an orginal 5D now with a 40mm and 85mm1.8 Canon Lens. The camera has been great but I'm ready for an upgrade, so I can take some video as well as have better high ISO performance.

I thought for sure I wanted the 6D, but lately i've been looking into the XPRO1. The IQ seems comparable and it is much much smaller which is a huge plus to me. It would be nice to carry around something that is alot lighter and more portable because it would lead to shooting more.

What do you guys think? For natural lighting shoots during the day, as well as some indoor shoots, and also a few nighttime performance shoots (usually without a flash, but ISO perf. on 5DC is awful) do you think the XPRO1 is up to task or should I stick with Canon?

THANKS

carter941's gear list:carter941's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow