ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jimbeaux
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
Olympus Service and Support
1 month ago

I've also posted on the m/43 forum.

After 4 months of total time in repair and sending in twice, my 12mm 2.0 was returned to me yesterday. Am I disappointed? YES!

When I first sent it in it was because images on the right side were soft. A month and a half later they returned it saying they replaced a frame and calibrated. However there was no difference in performance when I checked it. The same problem existed. So I sent it back.

Again, it was returned to me for the second time yesterday, and the problem is now just the opposite. Left side of images are soft and the right are sharp. Also, in one of my test shots, there was some awful purple fringing. Here's what the repair ticket said what they did and the parts replaced:

Cam Spacer 30 E1, 20 E1, 11 E1, 12 E1, 17 E1. 1G spacer 40, 1G frame unit, front cover, A complete repair and return all functions to factory specs. Complete cleaning (internal-external) and optical systems.

I purchased the lens new in March of this year, and it has virtually been in repair status since early April.

Whenever I called Olympus customer support, all they would do is apologize and say the delay was due to parts on order. I asked them if they could please replace it and they said no. I asked them if the warranty would be extended because it was sitting in repair for so long and they said no to that too. I asked them if I could speak to a supervisor. They said no, but could escalate the case. On two occasions they provided me with escalation case numbers and told be someone would call within 48 hours; no one ever did.

I've about had it, overall the image quality is pretty bad. I compared it to my old 11-22 4/3 lens tonight and the 11-22 is much better.

Oh yeah, to add insult to injury, this is also one of the limited edition black lenses. So I paid over $1000 US for it.

Does anyone have a contact name and number for someone high up the Olympus repair chain who can possibly help me? I just can't seem to get past the lower level front line customer service people.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow