Keep camera from getting hot in the sun?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sbutk
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
Keep camera from getting hot in the sun?
2 months ago

This is not a photography-related question, per se.  I'm just wondering if anyone through their experience might have some practical advice for accessories that might be available, or even hacks that I can work out on my own.

As we all know, the most popular color for digital cameras out there these days seems to be black.  In fact, I'm on my third camera with a black body since graduating from my early days with basic point-and-shoots.  They look best, in my opinion.  But it's been a little unsettling to discover that, even by being outdoors in the direct summer sun for say 10 minutes lately, the body of my camera can get incredibly warm, even to the touch.  I know that can't be the best thing for the camera's internals, including the battery.

Like I said, does anyone have any advice how to prevent this, short of spray-painting my camera white?  (Not seriously considering it, don't worry.)  Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow