ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zerxes
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Good lens for city/landscape photography-day and night
2 months ago

Hi All,
I'm an amateur photographer from the great state of California. A few years ago, my parents bought me a Nikon D5000. It came with an Nikkor 18-55mm kit lens as well as a Nikkor 55-200mm. A friend also gave me a Nikkor 50mm. In my opinion, the kit lenses are very average. The 50mm is superb but I have to be at the right distance from buildings to get the perfect shot. I hate using photo editing software. I feel like it makes the picture unoriginal unless you are doing HDR, which I'm beginning to get into. I want to be able to take the best picture possible with the camera without editing. 
*Please recommend to me a good lens for doing landscape and cityscape photography, for both night and day shots. Mostly night. I'm looking at the Nikkor 18-200mm as well as the Sigma, Tokina, and Tamron variants which are significantly cheaper. The Nikkor 16-85mm also seems to be an attractive option because its sharper than the 18-200, and I feel that my images lack sharpness. But refer below to my samples please. Thanks.
ps-Please don't praise my pictures. I think they could be ALOT sharper and better with the right equipment and right settings.

50mm

55-200mm

18-55mm

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow