Guess the lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ProfHankD
Senior MemberPosts: 1,953Gear list
Like?
Guess not
In reply to Nikolausz, 1 month ago

Nikolausz wrote:

I've just recently started to use this new lens set-up. Ii's a bit unusuall but quite effective.

There are thousands of "usual" lenses that work on a NEX-5 and you want us to guess an unusual set-up based on low-resolution images... there's a much better chance of guessing your birthday -- and I've been doing some lens forensics work. Getting more technical about it, there is a lot of DoF and there isn't a lot of focus blur, but the OOF PSF looks fairly circular with a moderately bright edge. Both suggest a retrofocal wide angle is most likely.

In fact, it looks pretty kit zoomish to me. Maybe with a +1 close-up lens or similar, but the focus isn't really all that close (that spider is big, judging by the flies). Certainly, although the photos are fine, whatever lens configuration you used did not result in anything all that distinctive. Hope it didn't cost you much....

ProfHankD's gear list:ProfHankD's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Canon PowerShot A720 IS Canon PowerShot S70 Canon PowerShot G1 Canon PowerShot G5 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow