Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nuke12
Regular MemberPosts: 481Gear list
Like?
A really dumb ass question?
1 month ago

Why do people come to sites like this, to ask what lens or camera to buy? Seriously? Some posters have some idea what they want to shoot and others, not a clue. Do they really expect a unified answer from the replies, telling them this is your camera/lens ? I can’t see how anyone can make decisions based on the replies received? Even when the poster has narrowed it down to a certain mfg and posted in the appropriate forum, the replies vary all over the place. I love the same poster asking the same question in two forums and asking “should I buy from mfg X or mfg Y and why is X’s cameras or Y cameras better?”. In each forum, they will be told that forum’s cameras are better.

Do people really make buying decisions based on information received this way?

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +14 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ThenNew
BestNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow