Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chironNYC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,377
Like?
Best a6000 settings for street shooting
2 months ago

I am a new a6000 owner and I have taken my camera on a European trip for the next 3 weeks. I like to do street shooting as we walk through crowded areas. These are often grab shots, taken while I continue to walk. Therefore, I need a fairly high shutter speed to keep from having the camera movement blur the image. I am not yet terribly familiar with the camera, and I don't have a lot of time to learn the nuances of the settings right.

What settings would folks more experienced than me recommend on the camera? I don't want to go to manual, because the lighting is too various as I grab different shots. I think the main priorities in order of importance are  that the shutter be kept as fast as possible; given a fast shutter, that the ISO be kept to a moderate level (400 to 1600 if possible, 3200 or 6400 if necessary), and that then the aperture be kept as small as possible.

What array of settings would let me get those priorities as often and as easily as possible.

Thanks for any help or sage advice.

Claver.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow