How to shoot fast with a slow camera

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Joachim Gerstl
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,562Gear list
Like?
Re: How to shoot fast with a slow camera
In reply to uniball, 4 months ago

uniball wrote:

Thanks, good post. Its funny, I shoot wide and shot manual Nikons for 20 years. Yet the moment I changed to AF Nikons I stopped doing MF. Now with an xt1, I find myself back in MF. Totally unexpected.

Your'e right the rub is in the lenses. Even though I have some old Nikkors, the weight and the center of balance with an adapter is not acceptable to me other than "hobby mode". Which leave me between Fuji's fly by wire and biting the bullet and buying a couple of good Leica mount lenses and the Fuji adapter.

Thats a whole lot nicer focusing than fly-by-wire but not that much nicer.

Hmmm, I can afford the Leica's and they will be around a long time, and I can pick the right body to couple with them. I hate threads like this.

Do you plan to get Leica lenses or do you use one already? I think Leica lenses would be nice regarding size and weight but there has to be an adapter (additional weight) and the crop factor makes the lenses less useful. I rather use the great Fuji lenses like the 14mm and maybe soon the 23mm too with zone focus.

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Ricoh GR Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow