ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Airbus5466
Regular MemberPosts: 139
Like?
You and your lenses
3 months ago

Hi,

Some background - I'm a commercial airline pilot with photography as a hobby. I really enjoy taking pictures, but I'm also a gear head and I have owned a lot of different cameras over the years. I am not as good as the majority of you as a photographer I'm sure - but I think I'm getting better. Friends and people I work with sometimes buy my photographs - I guess that means something anyway. What I would like to ask you about is your strategy regarding lenses. For me, going on a family trip for example I know that I will take a lot of portraits, some lanscape and maybe some pictures of buildings etc. I don't like to carry too many lenses, but since I also want to take quality portraits I almost always end up with a prime, trying to cover all the pictures with that. The portraits turn out great, some other things also but a lot of pictures gets the wrong fl. I realize that there is no easy answer here - get the wholy trinity, get some more primes or get a super zoom... I guess I'm interested in how other people are equiped during occasions like this. I also know that the whole meaning with a dslr is being able to swap lenses and that I'm lost here.

Thank you by the way for the input regarding the 70-200 f4, I have that one under consideration...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow