Monarch Butterfly

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
joeletx
Senior MemberPosts: 1,018Gear list
Like?
Re: Monarch Butterfly
In reply to apierleoni, 4 months ago

apierleoni wrote:

uhm... it does not look like a dramatic DR request, probably underexposing and then recovering the shadows in post would help.

I don't know if you tried but if you got this in raw maybe you can get something back.

anyway good shot!

apierleoni,

You are the second one pointed out the BOH of the floral. Even though I agreed that flowers were blown out, I disagree on the context of the main object, the butterflies. I shoot with the E-M1 that I can expose on the fly using the EVF. The EVF show the exposure in real time and I can adjust the exposure compensation according to my main object, the butterfly. Hence you see the +2EV in the EXIF. Instead of guess, shoot, view, then compensate; I just simply compose, compensate and shoot. Below is one of the un-cropped shots with change to 0.0 EV in LR; it was a very harsh midday shooting condition with strong backlight. Clearly this was not what I saw and it is not what I want.

joeletx's gear list:joeletx's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 18-180mm 1:3.5-6.3 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow