Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Cingen
Regular MemberPosts: 168
Like?
Re: Gull with Tamron 150-600, or why a phone is all you need for birding
In reply to nuke12, 3 months ago

nuke12 wrote:

Omexis wrote:

I'm starting to dislike Seagulls, I was out last weekend with my Canon 5D Mark III and Tamron 150-600 only to have a Seagull poo from height all over my Camera and Lens, people started to look at me funny when I poured my drink all over it to clean it off!

LOL. Before I retired I parked my car at work (on the sea coast) in the morning. I came out after work and I had seagull dung all over the front of my new car. After getting home and washing off the issue, I had spots with no paint. I had to get the front hood repainted.

I understand that because the poo contains so much acid, if left long enough, it can actually eat at the metal.

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

Pigeons are just as bad in my experience, I still have a scar on my hand from when one crapped all over me...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow