Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Corpy2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,019
Like?
From EM-1 to A77ii?
1 month ago

After reading and posting questions on cameras on virtually every forum except the Sigma board (oh, yes, except Canon too--I'm amazed that the 7D remains a current camera, rather than being 2-3 generations in the past), I turn back to the A77ii.

I have the EM1 and a bunch of lenses for it, some excellent, 75mm, 45mm, 20mm, some good, Oly 75-300 and 14-45, and some not so, 14-42, etc. I can't get over the poor continuous autofocus, though I love everything else about it (well, I wish I had the IQ of the Nikon D800, or the A7r, but those come with other rather severe consequences such as lower frame rate, or even more heaviness, or rather missing image stabilization and native lenses)

I've picked up the A77ii at a local store, and I like the fast frame rate even with continuous AF (wazzit, 12?) which even exceeds the EM1's of 10 fps, definitely the continuous AF which means I can keep my finger on the shutter button rather than doing a gym workout moving it up and down, don't like the greater heaviness, and don't like that I would have to do something about my EM1 collection of camera and lenses, and having to buy new lenses. Actually maybe just a telephoto zoom and one shorter range.

So, for anyone that owns both the EM1 and the A77ii, what do you think? IQ comparisons? Shoulder muscle workouts?

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7R Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow