Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DickyAus
Contributing MemberPosts: 900Gear list
Like?
OM-D E-M1 WiFi download to Windows PC
4 months ago

I don't like plugging in USB cables or pulling out the SD card when all I want to do is download a few photos to my Windows 7 PC. So I thought I would have a go at writing a VB.NET application to see if it was possible. I have a somewhat clunky first attempt shown below.

Make sure the camera WiFi is turned on and when you fire up the program it shows a list of files (in the left-hand checked list box) and the thumbnails in the middle browser pane. If you click on an entry in the list box it will display the photo in the right hand picture box. You can specify a download folder and click 'Download Photos' and away it goes.

OLY WiFi Download in action.(The images are in a splitter frame so you can resize at will)

The prototype has a few restrictions:

It will download .JPG files automatically but when downloading .ORF files it will prompt for the download folder every time. (I'm working on that).

The download is speed is limited by the PC's WiFi speed (in my case 150Mbs).

It is quite battery hungry.

If anyone thinks they might find it useful they are welcome to a copy of the .EXE or VB code.

Dicky.

DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow