Help needed: Travel Tripod for A7+LAE-A4?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
darkdirtydwarf
Contributing MemberPosts: 805Gear list
Like?
Re: Help needed: Travel Tripod for A7+LAE-A4?
In reply to JeffGo, 4 months ago

JeffGo wrote:

darkdirtydwarf wrote:

mgerpe wrote:

I love my 3LT but for traveling light you should go with something much much smaller and lighter.

Which weight do you thing would be best? Isn't there the problem of having a tripod that's not that stable, it it's too light? Smaller one also tend to have no hook to add weight...

Choosing a tripod turns out to be much more complicated than I expected..

It will really depend on the tripod. I bought a Manfrotto carbon fiber 190CX3 and it turned out to not be very stable - they have revised it recently. But the carbon fiber meFoto Roadtrip is very stable, and it has a weight hook.

thanks for the answer (and to putting up with all my typos, I should take more care when I write here.. )

The meToto tripods are very tempting due to the price. But I guess still need to do some thinking regarding how I will use it, in order to better chose the right model (I really don't want to end up buying two, for now...).

darkdirtydwarf's gear list:darkdirtydwarf's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow