How to shoot fast with a slow camera

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
kwa_photo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,631Gear list
Like?
Re: How to shoot fast with a slow camera
In reply to Joachim Gerstl, 4 months ago

Yep.  That will work and I recommend at least trying it if anyone hasn't done so previously.  I've never had an issue with "focus speed" and "missing shots", even with the old X100 and FW v1.x. I used to shoot college football with film SLR's and with my first DSLR.  That's DSLR was in 2003 and the old 3.3MP Canon D30.  Talk about slow AF, even with a 70-200 f/4L on it. It was MF and shooting full manual.  Whether it was with the D30 or the old Canon A2 SLR.

Even now, with my "fast focusing" X100s, for street shooting I still shoot in MF.  I preset at f/8 (if light allows me to stay under ISO6400) and keep the middle of my focal plane at around 8 feet. Super fast. I started doing this with the slower X100 and just keep doing it - even though the X100s AF is up to the task 95% of the time

-- hide signature --

Ken
FujiFilm FinePix Moderator (Please PM vs. a public post if you have concerns or questions about the forum)
http://www.kwaphoto.com

kwa_photo's gear list:kwa_photo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow