ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mtca
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
FZ1000 vignetting issue.
Aug 2, 2014

Hello all

I recently purchased an FZ1000. The only issue I've found is what seems to be an excessive amount of vignetting. Otherwise I really like the camera. The vignetting shows up in photos with blue sky when the EFL is at 25mm. At 30mm to 35mm its almost gone. Somewhere above 100mm it comes back then goes away again as focal length increases. I also took a series of photos over the full aperture range of the camera but could see very little difference in the amount of vignetting at 28mm.

I'd like to find out if other FZ1000 owners have observed similar results. I've looked through all of the FZ1000 review article sample photos and all of the DPR forum FZ1000 photos I could find. I haven't seen any photos showing a similar amount of vignetting, but wide angle photos with lots of sky are rare. A Photo Review article mentioned vignetting but the sample photo has much less vignetting than my camera exhibits.

Here are some sample photos.

25mm - Vignetting in both corners

At 110mm its back, although less than at 25mm.

Another 25mm sample photo.

This is the PhotoReview vignetting photo @ 28mm f/2.8

My camera 28mm f/2.8

I used MS Paint on my PC to generate this blue screen with a cross so the camera could focus.

Not every photo with sky in it shows the vignetting, but about half of them do.

I need to make a decision soon to keep or return the camera.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thank you,

Frank

mtca's gear list:mtca's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow