Flat view
mcl
mcl
Senior MemberPosts: 1,151Gear list
Like?
A77 Review on PhotoReview vs Consumer Reports
4 months ago

Photoreview:

http://www.photoreview.com.au/reviews/dslr-cameras/advanced/sony-ilca-77-mark-ii

Consumer reports:

Don't know if this work for you. I subscribe to CR both the mag and on-line. This review was NOT in the latest mag. It was only on-line.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/cameras-photography/digital-cameras/digital-slr-camera-ratings/models/overview/sony-slt-a77-ii-99052420.htm

CR gave the A77II a rating of 65 out of 100. The highest rating for any camera they show as 77 and the lowest is 52. Not sure the link will work for you so this is what they say:

"CR's Take

Like its predecessor, the A77, this Sony is a big, heavy, and pricey advanced camera that is packed with features, including an HDR (high dynamic range) mode and a 3D panorama photo mode. It shares another trait with the A77: overall image quality that's only good-lower than most recommended models in its class. It also has only a fair image stabilizer. So, you might get some blur when shooting photos in low-light. However, it improved the video quality, which is now excellent, and it includes built-in Wi-Fi with NFC. It can fire off 12 frames per second in burst mode, and it has an excellent electronic viewfinder and a very good swiveling LCD.

Highs• Photos generally were sharp
• Images taken in low light (no flash) were sharp
• Photos displayed little visual noise, even in low light
• Video quality is excellent, better than most models
• Long battery life for an SLR-like
• Has wide-angle capability with kit lens
• Very fast start-up time, much better than most models
• Short next-shot delay, better than many models
• Swiveling LCD has very good quality
• Includes wireless capabilities

Lows• Has only good image quality, lower than most recommended mirrorless cameras
• Only fair image stabilizer, lower than many cameras
• Heavier and bulkier than most SLR-like models"

Personally I like the "bigger & bulkier". I have very large hands. I don't like small cameras. As an owner of the A77 II I agree more with Photoreview.

CR says the Image Quality was Good. Flash Photos, LCD Quality, and Ease of Use very good.

Video Quality & viewfinder both excellent.

I find it interesting that Photoreview rated Image Quality better than video quality.

-- hide signature --

mcl

mcl's gear list:mcl's gear list
Sony a77 II
Sony a77 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow