Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Carlos Taylhardat
Junior MemberPosts: 40Gear list
Like?
Sony 7s or Canon 6d
4 months ago

I will be buying a new camera in the next few weeks for my professional work, I am a headshot photographer in Vancouver BC, don't need complicated video.

I am really confused about purchasing the Canon 6d or Sony 7s.

1 - Money is an issue, so the 6d is more economical and seems to have outstanding low light abilities which is something I'd like to test. Canon wins

2 - Exciting Appeal, love what Sony is doing.  They seem to be working harder than any other camera manufacturer to offer value, innovation and design.  My back would love the less weight.  Sony wins.

3 - Reliability, I find that Sony competes with other industries and is alway expensive and close but never seems to be the best product and then it doesn't support its products.  I have a walkman stick bought 5 yrs ago, Sony won't support it anymore.  Sony lost to apple in the music industry, lost to redd in the video industry, betamax lost to VHS and so on, seems to be Sony's history.  Close second.

Canon, has arguably surpassed Nikon as the leader of Camera's and is being annoyed by Sony's persistence a the 3rd current choice.  Canon is more reliable.

4 - Abilities, Sony seems to have the same abilities as canon 6d and exceeds in many ways such as video, I like live viewing and so forth.  Sony wins.

Help me decide, anyone?  Owners, tell me about your experience, specially few Sony 7s owner.

Thanks in advanced,

Carlos

Art of Headshots, my professional work

-- hide signature --

Carlos Taylhardat

Carlos Taylhardat's gear list:Carlos Taylhardat's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow