my Imac 27 screen flashes pink in a blink of the eye at start up.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,191Gear list
Like?
my Imac 27 screen flashes pink in a blink of the eye at start up.
2 months ago

I purchased the Imac 27 in Jan.  It was a refurbished unit and I really love it.  Well Apple sent me a upgrade and after I loaded that, during the start up there was this flash of pink.  It hadn't been there before, and I looked on the Apple site and didn't see anyone else having this happen and because everything else worked, I didn't worry to much.  Then just this week, I loaded a new HP printer to be my printer for letters etc and my Imac crashed, not once, but several times on the same day, right after loading the driver from HP.  Each time it sent an error message to apple.  Later that same day I received an upgrade from Apple for my computer and after loading it, the Imac no longer crashed, and the pink screen stopped showing up.  Now someone told me that when your Apple computer sends a error message to Apple it is handled fast, and an engineer looks at the error message from your computer and sees what is going on and works at correcting it.  If it hasn't happened to lot of computers you might get a personal fix, but if it has happened to lots of users they send out a fix to everyone.  I don't know it there is any truth to that at all, but I know that I work with my computer several hours a day, and have not had a problem since the last upgrade.  No pink screen (it was just as long as a blink of the eye) and no crashes.  I really love my Apple.  I used a PC for 20 years or so, and didn't know if I was going to like this or not.  Well, there is no going back.

www.photosbypike.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow