Gawds I need professional help!! GBA happening BIGTIME...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,995Gear list
Like?
Gawds I need professional help!! GBA happening BIGTIME...
4 months ago

I need help...I just replaced all my lost lenses a few weeks ago. I haven't had ANY time to try them out beyond a few fast snaps to make sure they work for the most part. Work had been insane, 91hrs last week alone.

And I can't stop shopping for a few odds and ends I "need"...I do need a new PC and monitor. I also decided I "need" a wide format printer for all those prints I never make. I have pretty much settled on the Epson 3880 Printer Designer Edition and either the Asus PA249Q or PA279Q displays (both are at least 98% AdobeRGB color space as well as 100% sRGB)...

I'm gonna try one of either an Intel i5 Nuc or the Gigabit model with the i7...they are really nifty and can be mounted to the VESA mount on the back of the monitor or as I think I will do, mount with heavy duty Velcro so I have the computer and monitor mounted on a swing arm of some sort.

Of this the only thing I need is, well none of it but the display is easily justified as is the PC since my laptops are now almost a decade old C2D's with T7400 CPU's...but they both have dual HDDS and run LR & PS reasonably but not fast by any measure...

I just feel like a glutton even shopping for more gear because I have my new glass needing testing and adapting to...last thing I should be doing is adding more gear...perhaps I just need something to obsess over?  I'm really happy glass wise, would like a K3 but am waiting for the sub-$800 period which may happen toward the end of the year...as it sits I can't stop...

Maybe it's because I haven't made or had the time in over 9-weeks to go out and shoot something?

OK, whine over...don't feel better just sharing the guilt in hopes I can convince someone else to go on a spending spree too, at least I've been spending cash not charging stuff...but I'm also looking at a barebones pantry right now.  

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow