Next step camera - good family all rounder, moving kids, indoor parties, holiday snaps etc

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tam Tamato
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Next step camera - good family all rounder, moving kids, indoor parties, holiday snaps etc
3 months ago

Hi everyone,

I'm ready to move on from my point and shots . I have had various Canon powershots and ixus. I am now looking at bridge cameras as I want to move on and develop my photography skills, but don't wish to carry a big dslr and all the gubbins around.

i am looking for a camera that will be a good all rounder for taking shots of  my young family,

• Take great photos of moving kids - indoors and out
  • take indoor shots of people at family parties, weddings etc
  • holiday pics, landscapes etc although this is less a priority than  the points above.
  • can  record video (although not an absolute must)
  • If possible - take to Lapland to photograph a family trip to meet Father Christmas and if we are lucky, the Northern Lights!

i have  up to £300 to spend. Don't mind going 2nd hand route for an older camera that is a good all rounder.

I have been reading various reviews and the Canon  sx40. (Did look at at sx50 but don't think it suits my needs) and panasonic fz200 look like they might tick enough of my boxes,

what do you think?  Any camera suggestions? Or should I just buy a very good point and shot?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow