Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eb8978
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Sony A77 APS-C vs Canon 5D classic
4 months ago

Hi everyone. So I have this choice rather crucial that I have to make.

I actually own a Sony DSLT A77. Great camera, althgouh I only recently started photography. I also only have a 50mm fast lens so I am not too much invested in Sony equipment yet.

Here's the thing, a friend of mine (who is a rather more enthusiast photograph than me) was quite impressed with the A77 and he offered me to trade it with his Canon 5D classic (the 2005 model) and I must say I would be pretty interested to step into the full frame world (plus I reckon starting to invest in canon gear would not be such a waste). What do you guys think? Is it worth it? I don't know about the shutter speed, until when would it be viable? 40,000? 100,000? He's also throwing a Sigma 28-70 EX and a grip with the camera which would probably cost altogether more than my camera.

I do know that I would lose lots of feature, especially in the video department. But I don't do video I'd rather do still. I don't print as well so the loss of half the mp should not be an issue either. I mainly shoot landscape and street photography so I like creamy smooth bokeh and sharp landscape (recently started HDR).

Let me know what you guys think about that one !

P.S: Here's a link to my flickr account if that can help you being "me" for choosing.

https://flic.kr/ps/2V4nmb

Canon EOS 5D Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow