ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vegetable Police
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Sony wx350 vs Panasonic zs40
2 months ago

Hi there

I have been testing compact cameras for the last several months and it's come down to 2 cameras really, the ones in the title I'm mainly looking for good video quality, especially in low light situations indoors. I also love to take pictures of birds and other wild animals in nature so that zoom really helps.

The wx350 is basically the perfect camera for me, but it's missing one key feature that I found really fun to play with which was the super slow motion video. The zs40 seems to do everything the wx350 does, but also has the 120 fps in 720p, or 240 fps in 480p.  I made this slow mo video of birds playing around with the Canon sx700, and I'd love to do more! Slow mo birds

I love how tiny the wx350 is. and Sony seems to lead the pack when it comes to video in low light situations, at least from my tests. Cameras like the Canon sx700 or Nikon s9700 had the slow motion feature, but even their 1080p 60p videos were all very grainy indoors.  I'm wondering how the Panasonic will do?

So if anyone has experience with the zs40, or another camera that does slow motion and has decent low light video, I'd be very grateful.  I might just keep the wx350 and try slowing it down in post production, but it will never be as smooth as it would have been in 120 or 240 fps and that's a bummer. Anyways, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for reading!

Nikon Coolpix S9700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) PowerShot SX700 Sony Wx350
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow