ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lovegolf
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
D4S or D810
4 months ago

Hi,

I just sold my very good condition D3S so now I may have an opportunity to buy a D810 or D4S. I shoot typically portraiture and fashion kind of stuff, in both outdoor and studio (in case folks here may ask). I occasionally (seldom for now) may shoot event, but really not many for now, but who knows, in future I may shoot more.

I know D4S is a different camera that's suited for sports and photo journalism. Reading so much on D810, I'm also aware what this camera is capable for. I don't own and even have a chance to test both camera so far, so I like to check the folks here, especially owners of both cameras,  do you think I'll miss out the resolution and color (I somehow feel color on D800/810 is deeper) of D810 if I go for D4S for portraiture photography? Crop-ability may not be an important factor.

Another question is about the AF accuracy. I'm not talking about AF speed as both are very good. Is D810 focus as accurate and reliable as D4S?

I always have the impression that AF accuracy and tracking is better on D4S,  even though they have the same AF module and group AF feature. Probably maybe they have different AF algorithm after all? I'm not sure.

I have been looking at the pictures from Internet lately, but there are really not too many portraiture and fashion pictures been taken from D4S, so I can't compare it objectively with the  pictures out from the 36mp sensor. Also there's not too much review on D4S.

I'll eventually get either one of the body. For now, I'll give myself ample time to wait for further reviews of D810.

Hope to hear from you guys.

Nikon D4s Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow