Help needed: Travel Tripod for A7+LAE-A4?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
darkdirtydwarf
Contributing MemberPosts: 805Gear list
Like?
Re: Help needed: Travel Tripod for A7+LAE-A4?
In reply to WestO, 4 months ago

WestO wrote:

I think the globetrotter weighs about a pound more. for someone who doesn't like to carry tri-pods to begin with, it will be noticed. Also if your are using it on an A7 with E-mount lenses, the plate on the roadtrip will suffice.

Yes, you're correct, it's one more pound. The carbon fiber version has the same weight of the roadtrip in aluminium (but costs so much, I'd rather buy both tripods in the aluminium version...).

I'm planning on using it with longer lenses too. I have a Minolta AF 100-400 APO that's quite heavy and slow.

I can't use it hand held properly, it's doable with a lot of light, but extended is hard to frame the image correctly quickly and the lack of any kind of stabilization makes it even worse in less than ideal light conditions; even still images require sniper skills, but even holding my breath while pressing the shutter is not enough to get the best out of this lens (this lens is not tack sharp to begin with).

Of course I CANNOT afford the FE70-210 (I mean, I could, but hey, my son's got to eat... )

darkdirtydwarf's gear list:darkdirtydwarf's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow