Still pondering a Nikon FF now and again ... (full res pics!)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,982Gear list
Like?
Still pondering a Nikon FF now and again ... (full res pics!)
1 month ago

Found the D810 "sharper than ever before" sample shots on dpreview, "like taking a veil off" ... not sure whether this is kosher to re-post their images but thought for the sake of comparison I would quickly compare the rusty vintage car with what I have on file.

The sample image of the D810 is an 18MB = 7360x4912 image whereas the Fuji pictures are 9MB = 4896x3264 (or 6MB = 4545x3030 cropped in the garage). I looked at some rusty car pictures I have on file and compared them to the D810 files. Lets just say that when you go into the controlled studio ACR RAW conversion tool on dpreview you will see that the D810 clearly is miles ahead e.g. the print on the vinager bottle, so not at all sure whether I would have found the same thing if I had taken an image of the rusty car, same time, location distance etc.

The D810 shot was taken at ISO180 and F9 the Dodge was shot at ISO200 and F7.1, the car in the garage was shot at ISO800 and F4.0.

When I looked at the D810 sample I didn't bother with the foliage (yeah, right...) but looked at the paintwork, the lightbulb etc. to see whether this "mid format territory" camera would tempt me enough.

What do you think?? First image the D810 the other 2 X-E2 35/1.4 (I know, I know not fair, needs to be controlled same spot etc. but there still is a "real life" gut feel).

... and one talken with the 23/1.4 @ ISO800 F5.6 (tried DR400)

Would love to try one of those D810 with a 24/2.8 and maybe an 105/2.8 Micro ... just for good sportsmanship!

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow