Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
123 Click
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Advice
2 months ago

I am in the market for a new camera, upgrading from an advanced point and shoot Nikon. I own a number of Leica lenses that I would like to use with my new camera. I am finally graduating into the digital world The type of photos I take are travel, family & friends, nature (landscape, flowers, trees, animals, insects and macro) and architectural photos, and some video.

I own the following lenses:

Leica R lenses on Leica R4

• 60 mm Macro-Elmarit f 2.8 c/w Macro-Adapter
  • 35 mm to 70 mm Vario-Elmar f 3.5
  • 70 mm to 210 mm Vario-Elmar f 4
  • 400 mm Telyt f 6.8

Leica M Lenses on Leica M6

• 35 mm Summicron f 2
  • 50 mm Summilux f 1.4
  • 90 mm Summicron f 2

Down the road I will no doubt purchase a full frame digital camera, however for now I would like to explore the mirrorless APS-C or Micro Four Thirds world and have narrowed my search down to two models: The Sony Alpha a6000 or the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7. My questions are as follows:

1. Is the GX7 the right camera for my needs? or do you think the a6000 is a better fit?
  2. If I were to purchase the GX7, my thought was to purchase the 12-35 f2.8 lens as my everyday lens and use my existing Leica lenses for all other photo needs, what do you think?
  3. Are the Leica lenses a good fit with the GX7?

Thank you in advance for your input and advice. It is most appreciated.

123 Click's gear list:123 Click's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow