Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 3,907Gear list
Like?
New A7 batteries / Batteries and battery life
2 months ago

Just got new A7 batteries from Best Buy. Some kind of quirk, they were $30 each (on sale). Now the sale is gone, so either I got lucky or they were blowing out some counterfeit.

Any pointers for judging authenticity? They each have a holographic serial number and all the fancy packaging you could ask for, but none of it looks like the fake or genuine ones from articles I've seen. They certainly charge like and drain like the original. I mean it is Best Buy, but even they can get scammed from time to time.

Also got the Watson Duo and I really like it. B&H had the best price on it. The dual charging is really nice and the LCD display tells you how much charge you have left. It also has a USB port so you can actually charge 3 batteries if you plug your camera in.

As for battery life, what's up with this camera? I can leave the batteries out and they drain a few percent a day. But leave them in the camera with the camera off in airplane mode etc. and it ends up eating 20% in a day with no activity. I can fire off 100 shots in the span of 30 minutes in 5 bracketed shots at a time and it will only use 4% of the battery. It's battery usage defies explanation. Maybe the battery is reporting it's life via microchip and the sampling is just sporadic?

Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow