Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RicksAstro
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,440Gear list
Like?
FZ1000 Software Lens corrections
4 months ago

I was curious how much Software correction was going on with the lens on the FZ1000, and for whatever reason, Windows Photo Viewer shows the FZ1000 raw files uncorrected and visually quite a bit different when I'm browsing through the files.

Below you can see the JPG from the camera on top and the uncorrected version below it from Windows Photo Viewer of the RAW version of the same file.

Given how much correction takes place, I'm impressed how sharp the corrected image ends up being. I don't view this as a negative to the camera at all...just about all modern cameras have some lens corrections built in to their JPG engine, and most modern RAW processors do as well, to the point that the end user never sees the true raw file unless you are using a simpler raw processor.

It's the results that count, not the process (optical or SW) that got them. And the FZ1000's results are pretty darned great for the focal range it has. I just thought it was interesting.

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow