Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jacimi
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
A7 just died!
3 months ago

My A7 which has worked perfectly since purchase from B&H in January just died. It won't power on.

I used it a couple of days ago and it was working just fine then, its never been wet or even has a scratch on it yet. I also have a 5N and took a good battery from it and put into the A7 just to make sure.

I also found out the Sony batteries must have an overload protection inside. Once the good battery from the 5N is inserted into the A7 then back to the 5N, the battery wont power on the 5N until I put it back into the charger for a minute to reset it. Apparently the A7 is shorting the battery out. I have 3 Sony batteries and all 3 do the same thing. Removed lens and SD card just to make sure those were not affecting it also.

Of course my son has a concert tonite, good thing I have the trusty old 5N as backup. Make sure you have a spare camera for important events because apparently these can just die at any moment!

Jacimi's gear list:Jacimi's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow