Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rich the Hiker
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
Fuji primes for landscapes, any advice?
3 months ago

Hi, I don't have any Fuji equipment (yet), but highly interested in investing in Fuji system. I'm a hiker, mountaineer and traveller and mostly take scenery (snapshots) or landscape (with a little more time and effort) photos. I'm thinking of a X-T1 body but would like to know if the fast primes such as 14 f2.8, 23 f1.4, 35 f1.4 and 56 f1.2 or 60 are good for landscapes when stopped down, and also low light landscapes with larger aperture. I've seen good wide angle landscape photos of the 14 and it looks sharp and very detailed. Having never owned primes before (only zooms) I'm tempted by the prime's ability to take landscape at f5.6 - f8 maybe, low light dusk photos and also some shallow dof if required too. How have you found primes for landscapes and apart from the small hassle of extra lenses to carry and swopping them over, have they rewarded you with great landscape photos better than the zooms? Thanks for views on best Fuji landscape lens choice and if they are great all rounders.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow