Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robgendreau
Regular MemberPosts: 357
Like?
Second Oly M4/3 to E-M10
2 months ago

I am wondering about getting a second Olympus that could be used in addition to my existing E-M10. I love the M10, and don't really need the second camera. But I've been going on trips (I do mostly amateur travel/outdoor photos) with someone who has no camera (except iPhone), but who wants to use one, and has liked messing with the M10. As she pointed out, I've got a few lenses (all Olys) that I am not using at any particular time, and she gets good shots of the people we're with, so I end up with photos I myself might have missed. And although I still would probably use mostly the M10, having something else might be useful.

But I don't wanna invest tons in another body. And if I do, I wanna get something that complements what I've already got, just in case I end up with it and she tires of it. I thought of getting a Panasonic (I like their stuff too), but since the Oly lenses I have don't have stabilization it would seem that use of my telephotos on a Panny would be a pain.

I hadn't looked at any of the Oly m43s except the OM-Ds, so suggestions? I noticed there are like PEN E-PL3's for below $200 body only (even new), and Oly has a reconditioned one with a lens for not much more. And of course there's the used market. That wouldn't be much more than getting a decent P&S.

Rob

Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow