Pls recommend a flash system for X-T1 (total flash beginner)!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TravelLight
Regular MemberPosts: 191
Like?
Pls recommend a flash system for X-T1 (total flash beginner)!
5 months ago

Hi all, I've owned X-T1 since the beginning but have yet to take the flash out of the plastic bag. I rarely if ever used the on-camera flash with my previous cameras. Can someone recommend an off-camera flash system that works with X-T1? I have no idea where to begin!

Basically, I want to learn to use flash for indoor shots (of pets), macro, and maybe wildlife, and I want to be able to do it myself (no assistant) and without having to use a tripod. I've seen someone on Flickr using the following: off-camera flash, remote trigger, some kind of softbox, and he said he could hold all of that single-handed and with the camera (EM5) in the other hand. He took incredibly beautiful shots of his cat and some flower macros but since he uses a different system I thought I would ask here instead of him.

If I want to do the same, what kind of equipments will be compatible with X-T1 and good for a total beginner (to using flash)? Specific product and brand recommendations? I don't need anything fancy; just basic things to get started so I can take better indoor photos, macro/outdoor photos in low light, etc..

Thanks for any suggestions or advice!!!

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow