T3i recommendation for book, battery and software

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
LuFra72
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: T3i recommendation for book, battery and software
In reply to maven19, 5 months ago

Congrats, you're in for a lot of fun with this camera. This is my first DSLR as well (coming from a 35mm Minolta SLR and a few Canon PowerShot models prior).

I would advise you start shooting in M mode and grab your manual and learn what everything does. The beauty with these things is you don't have to develop film and refer back to a notebook with your settings to see what you can adjust for the next roll

Learn what the exposure triangle is (shutter, aperature, ISO) and how it all works together and as you experiment, you'll hit some walls and will have some very specific questions; all of these questions can be answered online if you do a refined search.

As suggested, shoot in RAW and edit your images with the included software (I use Lightroom 4 and am learning something new every day).

LuFra72's gear list:LuFra72's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow