Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
backpackerPT
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
RX100iii vs a6000 vs a7 for a "beginner"
3 months ago

I'm primarily a long-distance backpacker - and I purchased the RX100iii for a 250 mile hike in the high Sierra.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) it rekindled my long lost love of photography that seemed to go away when my Pentax 35mm film camera became obsolete.  So now I'm second-guessing my choice and wonder if I should exchange the RX100 for the a6000....

My big caveat tho is that I can't afford anything other than the kit lens to start, so that's what I'd be taking on my trip.

My choice is this: keep the RX100 for my trip now, and once I get back, save some cash - then choose the a6000 or a7 (or some other mirrorless) for growing into and relearning my former old hobby.  Or exchange the RX100 for the a6000 with kit lens now, and invest in better lenses later when I get back.

As a backpacker, weight and bulk ARE important to me (thus the RX100 choice initially) but since they are the same price and since the a6000 isn't THAT big (it's no 4# DSLR) I keep going back and forth.

Please HELP!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow