The jury is in... the G1X Mark II is pretty terrific...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jgersh
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
The jury is in... the G1X Mark II is pretty terrific...
5 months ago

Yes, I'm still figuring out it's features, but the "Creative Shot Mode" really made my camp pictures way more interesting than they used to be!  You get the original snap, and a seemingly random variety of artistic effects... for example, it took this snapshot, and generated this awesome picture in real time!!  It also does some creative framing, usually good, but often not... but sometimes excellent.  Also, you can just touch the LED screen and tell it where to focus/meter... really handy... and a ring dial to allow manual focus, which has saved some of my macro shots for sure.  I'll add a handful of other examples that I think are noteworthy.  Yes, I'm still playing!  But having fun.  This is unlike anything I've used before.  Sincerely, Jon.

Here's the "basic snapshot"....

And the G1X Mark II Creative mode generated this "keeper" in real time!  As well as five other non-keepers, but hey, digital is cheap.

Again, this would have just been a plain old snapshot otherwise!  In fact, you GET the plain old snapshot too... but I liked this one better!

A vintage photo effect, for a vintage sort of guy... framed nicely...  all without any effort on my part, to speak of.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow