Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SparkyF986
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
X-T1 manual focusing
5 months ago

I have had some trouble when manually focusing. In this mode when I turn the focusing ring to activate the lens stepper-motor, the focus position will sometimes jump quite large amounts, and sometimes it would move very small amounts which is what you would expect.

This inconsistent behaviour, which occurs even when the ring is turned very slowly, happens always (and only) when the focusing ring is reversed in turn direction, the first 'click' of the ring produces a large jump in position, subsequent 'clicks' result in only small movements.

I would like to know: has anyone else discovered this behaviour or is it peculiar to my copy of the X-T1 system, in which case I need to have the camera or the lenses serviced?  It happens with all my XF prime lenses, including the 60mm f/1.4, 35mm F/1.4 and the 23mm F1.4 -  and is particularly severe with the 23mm.

My current 'work around' is to turn the ring only in one direction and not to use the usual method for mechanically-coupled lenses (XF lenses being drive-by-wire, not mechanically coupled) of 'forward a bit, backward a bit' until best focus is found.

I would be glad of any feedback or information about other people's findings with manual focusing accuracy and behaviour.

ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow