Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sproketz
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Canon SX700: "Import" vs. "USA" models from Abe's of Maine
5 months ago

I just purchased a Canon SX700 from Abe's of Maine. I paid about $50 MORE to get the "USA" version, because they told me the "Import" didn't come with a warranty and had a slower battery charger.

However, the camera box has Japanese writing all over it (as well as English), and says "For Japan only", "Not Intended for sale outside Japan", & "Contains no warranty for outside Japan".

When I called Abe's of Maine, they said they said the camera WOULD be covered by Canon's warranty (even tho' there was NO warranty card in the box), and that they would send me out a warranty card for a third party (at no extra cost).

I'm not feeling warm fuzzies! How can I verify that I did, in fact, receive the "USA" version (which I paid extra for)? Is there something in the serial number that will give me a clue?

BTW, the customer service from Abe's of Maine was terrible. First and last time purchasing from them.

PowerShot SX700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow