ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MichaelK81
Regular MemberPosts: 181
Like?
Colorchecker Passport with D810
4 months ago

Hi Guys,

Quick question:  It's my first time using the Colorchecker Passport, after reading the rave reviews - however, my first experience with it is anything but.  It seems to over-saturate all primaries, and worse yet - shift purples toward reds, and completely blow them out.

We had an all-day catalogue production yesterday (children's clothing), so before I have all the images retouched, I need to make sure the color is spot-on.

Here's a quick comparison of the original RAW vs. Colorchecker Passport image:

Now the reason I say the reds are really off is because I'm actually holding this jacket in front of me (window light, daytime), and it is NOT bright red. It's definitely more muted and looks like the version in Original RAW.

It's also worth noting my monitor is calibrated too (Colormunki).

These were all shot with the D810 and Profoto D1s with no ambient light interference.  I'm guessing since D810 RAWs aren't fully supported in Lightroom, and had to be converted through a beta version of Adobe DNG converter, the issues lies somewhere in there?

I would appreciate any help here, or else I'm just going to return this whole Colorchecker back to B&H, seeing how it seems to be doing anything BUT accurate color.

For anyone interested, here's the Colorchecker image I shot, available as DNG for download too:

DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL DNG

Thanks a million!

-
MICHAEL KORMOS PHOTOGRAPHY, New York
Fresh & Modern Family Photography
http://www.michaelkormos.com
----------------------
2014 Workshops Announced!
http://www.michaelkormos.com/_workshops

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow