Image keeper rate. (Motorsport)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Shutterbug013
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
Re: Image keeper rate. (Motorsport)
In reply to Hen3ry, 2 months ago

Hen3ry wrote:

Tough question, shut. An obvious problem I can see right up front is that you have the Falcon in front of the Torana. That is just WRONG!!! LOL! (I had a Mk 1 Yella Terra back in the day, and even drove to Lakeside in it once.)

Looking at Fiona's site, I see someone who is more experienced than you. I also see she had a lot of pix of stationary cars which kind of can’t go wrong and can be done very quickly.

As for C&C, I feel your pix have two issues:

1. Too flat, I took the liberty of downloading one and punching up the contrast and brightness. I might have gone too far on constrast and not far enough on brightness, but you get the idea!
  2. You are not filling the frame enough. Both the collections of work you point to include a LOT of pix which are very close up. I have cropped the pic but it is still only a medium shot compared with the big close ups of a lot of shots taken by the two other photogs.

Great little circuit, Lakeside.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hi Geoff

I agree that the image look flat and are not filling the frame. However i am holding off editing them until i get my new desktop which should be coming in the next week. When it does i will be posting the edited images. With regards to filling the frame, I do not have a CAMS licence so i have to stand in the spectating areas and not where the marshals stand. I also only have a 70-200 at the moment but plan to get a 1.4x teleconverter soon also.

Regards

Shutterbug013

Shutterbug013's gear list:Shutterbug013's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow