Canon 5D Mark II: CF or SD/SDHC + adapter?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhilyBella
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Canon 5D Mark II: CF or SD/SDHC + adapter?
2 months ago

I just made my foray into the world of Canon, having bought a second hand Canon 5d Mark II a couple of days ago. We (husband and I) have a Fuji X-E1 (and an X-T1 on the way) and thus we have a vast collection of SDHC cards. We're also avid Apple consumers. Both owning a MacBook Pro w/Retina each.

My question is: Do you use CF cards or SDHC cards with a CF to SD adapter with your Canon and why?

The SDHC cards seems easier: less space, SD reader within the macs, can just carry one lot of SDHC cards between us, wouldn't need a card reader, less likely to be corrupted on the go (card reader can be knocked from USB port), etc.

I understand (in principle) the benefit of Compact Flash over Secure Digital in regards to speed, however, I really would like to know what people do from a practical standpoint.

Are there huge limitations to the adapters?

Is the "lag" really that noticeable, and if it is, is it "unworkable" (meaning: is it often impossible wait a few extra seconds to preview your work)?

PhilyBella's gear list:PhilyBella's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 5 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow