Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,986Gear list
Like?
Community Challenge: Just One Photo in July
5 months ago

Just a couple days ahead of this month's deadline, I am back for yet another month of our yearlong forum challenge (last month's June thread is here)! This month found slim pickings for me photographically, as most of my work did not come with a public photo release.

I did manage to visit the Brown County State Park in Indiana, however, and brought along my 400mm f/2.8 to try my hand at birding. With clear skies and bright sun I hoped to find many colorful songbirds flitting around the trees. By the end of the day I only saw a few birds, and couldn't get close enough to any of them to get a high-enough resolution image to crop and share. As the sun set, I followed its descent through the hazy sky as it neared the far off treeline. With a touch of editing to bring out detail in the clouds and correct the colors in the shaded trees, I ended up with a photograph I will print large with my lab's next sale:

f/5.6

What's your July story?

matthewdurrphotography.com

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow