Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
bford
Senior MemberPosts: 1,489
Like?
Re: Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?
In reply to Wheatfield7, 5 months ago

Wheatfield7 wrote:

bford wrote:

Mark Smith wrote:

Well it's pretty much a fact, the only pro's that used 35mm exclusively were sports and journalists photographers, mainly because newsprint didn't require more resolution.

maybe in your country.

No that'll be worldwide and especially in the USA.

sure, because you as a Briton would know better than an American what went on in his own country., not to mention in every country throughout the world.

He probably does. My experience with most of my fellow Americans is they don't know much about what is going on outside of the county they live in, much less other parts of the world, or even their own country.

How could he "probably?" Reading a book, watching a movie or TV show, and taking a trip to America doesn't trump living in the actual country and being part of the actual culture, no matter how much many people from his part of the world would like to think so. Your remark is not only illogical but is just plain anti-American.

As for how much people in different countries know about the rest of the world, in my experience there is no difference. That observation comes from living a number of years in a European country, traveling extensively and comparing views among Americans with those from people in other countries. What you see is the same story. Complete ignorance, knowledge skewed by stereotypes and bias, or indifference.

Indifference is what you mostly run into. Most people would rather just go on living their lives as best as they can instead of  being concerned about what goes on in another country

I started shooting weddings in the early 1970s. We shot the formals and portraits on medium format, 35mm was reserved for the casual stuff where ultimate image quality took second place to convenience.

Thank you for confirming what I have been saying all along. Feel free to share that with the person in the other country you were just defending.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow