What is XT1 low light rating? is it EV -1/-2/-3 etc?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,731Gear list
Like?
What is XT1 low light rating? is it EV -1/-2/-3 etc?
4 months ago

Hi.  I cannot find this figure in specs.    You know how some of the latest cameras go down to (-4EV) Canon 6D, Panasonic GX7, Sony A7s.    Some of the previous ones I think went to -3EV (Canon 5DM3).   About a month and a half ago I had an issue with autofocus on XT1 with 18-55.  It was pretty dark at a local restaurant.  My AF assist light was off,  Camera could not focus.   I know for a fact because I've shot at the same restaurant in the same lighting conditions with several other cameras in the past (one of my favorite restaraurant) and have never ran into this problem before.  Even my old Canon T2i that has EV - 0.5  rating focused there with a F/2.8 zoom.     I'd think that 18-55 2.8-4 is not much different.

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow